Thanks to blogger Jo-Lynne Shane for this delicious and easy recipe. I’m substituting store-bought mashed potatoes and frozen vegetables.
2 lbs ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 cup vegetables (carrots, peas,) (frozen)
2 packages simply mashed, available in stores and a real time-saver!
4 tablespoons butter
½ cup beef broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a large frying pan and sauté onions, carrots and peas in butter until tender.
2. Add ground beef and sauté until no it’s cooked thru.
3. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce along with the beef broth and cook, uncovered, over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Place the beef mixture in a baking dish and spread mashed potatoes (store-bought) on top.
5. Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, and serve hot.
Bonus: Money saving tip for the day: Thanks to Southern Savers!
Have you run out of dryer sheets?
Crumple a sheet of aluminum foil into a ball and toss it into the dryer. Cost efficient and eliminates static.