The Paleo diet is defined by Wikipedia as the caveman diet, Stone Age diet and hunter-gatherer diet. The diet might be a fad, but many have “jumped on the bandwagon” to try it because it’s a nutritional diet and , yes, many people lose weight. The Paleo diet is based on the the food our ancient ancestors ate– such as meat, nuts and berries. In 30 days many on the diet have stated that their energy levels skyrocketed.
But how do you survive on a diet without pasta and potatoes, or sugar and dairy products? Or legumes? (Ditch the peanut butter.)
Let’s focus on what you CAN eat:
1. GRASS-FED meat
2. Fowl that flies—chicken, turkey, duck, etc.
5. Vegetables—any and all and unlimited, including sweet potatoes and yams!
6. Nuts for snacking
7. Healthy fats—avocado, almond butter, olive oil
All amounts are unlimited. Hurray!
Evidence as to the benefits of this diet have not been determined, but I’m sharing a quick breakfast recipe that anyone can enjoy. Thanks to Author: Cook Eat Paleo
Paleo “Instant Oatmeal:
Serves: 1 serving
2 tbsp. shredded coconut, unsweetened
2 tbsp. almond flour
1/2 cup cashew milk
pinch of both cinnamon and sea salt
1. Mash banana in bottom of bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
2. Microwave 1 – 2 minutes, until hot and starting to bubble. Stir and let stand.
3. Serve with fresh fruit.