As you go through life, many friendships are made. Some come and go, but there are those that last a lifetime. Whether you live close or far away, that special bond is there and will never be broken. You know you can count on them to listen to you for hours while you cry over a broken heart. They’ll comfort you when a loved one is lost. They’ll laugh with you, cry with you, act silly with you and keep your deepest secrets. They’ll cheer you when you’re down and encourage you when your confidence needs a boost. And most of all, they’ll help you pick out the perfect pair of shoes.
I’m visiting such a friend whom I’ve known for thirty-seven years. Her family became my family, and she’s more like a sister to me. Even though circumstances kept us apart for many years, when we were reunited it was as if we hadn’t been apart. We sit on her back deck in the early morning drinking coffee and reminisce about years gone by. We giggle like teenage girls over past escapades and marvel at how life can so quickly change, taking you in a direction you hadn’t expected.
As I prepare to leave, sadness fills my heart, but, no matter how far away I am, I know she’ll always be just a phone call away.
- Follow Pink Fuzzy Slippers Authors on WordPress.com
Sharing Special NewsComing soon: SEEKING PATIENCE by Josie Riviera
- Has Life Left You Feeling Bedraggled? April 25, 2018
- Celebrating Earth Day April 22, 2018
- Tuesday’s Child by Icy Snow Blackstone April 20, 2018
- How to Make Beeswax Candles April 15, 2018
- Purple Irises, a cure? April 12, 2018
- Ice Hockey in upstate NY. April 8, 2018
- Happy Easter! April 1, 2018
- Carrying a Story-Theme through Several Generations March 30, 2018
- Forged in Fire by Kayelle Allen March 25, 2018
- Gambler’s Choice March 23, 2018
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Monday: Mary Marvella
Tuesday: Mary Ricksen & Debby Grahl
Wednesday: Mona Risk
Friday: Linda Nightingale
Saturday: Beth Trissel and Deb Julienne
Sunday: Josie Riviera