How Much Water Should You Drink?

September is a great month to get in shape and I’m sharing some facts about water.

Why does your body need water?
Well, it flushes out toxins, helps the nutrients get to your organs, regulates your body temperaturewater and protects your joints.
Did you know that we are made up of 50-75% water? That means that more than half of us is water. And, we only start to feel thirsty when we have lost about 2-3%.
Only 20% of our water comes through food. And the other 80%? That part is up to you.
But plain water is boring to drink. It’s bland.
However, if you add a slice of lemon, it’s much better tasting. And . . .
1. Lemons contain natural vitamin C
2. Lemons contain potassium
3. Adding lemon to water lowers the toxins in your body, thus your skin will look clearer.
4. Lemon water gives your fresher breath because of it’s natural flavor.
5. Lemon water gives you more energy than coffee.
Easy and inexpensive, adding eight glasses of lemon water to your daily diet is worth a try. Please leave any additional health benefits and comments.

jug with lemon


About Josie

Josie Riviera is a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of contemporary, inspirational, and historical sweet romances that read like Hallmark movies. She lives in the Charlotte, NC, area with her wonderfully supportive husband. They share their home with an adorable Shih Tzu who constantly needs grooming and live in an old house forever needing renovations. Send her an email at:
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to How Much Water Should You Drink?

  1. marymarvella says:

    Some hotels keep water containers with lemons, limes, and /or oranges in the lobbies. I carry my herbal tea mixture with me and add water until no color or flavor remains. I sometimes add lemons or oranges to my witch’s brew.

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Josie says:

    Sounds like a good brew, MM.


  3. I have a new cup that works really well with lemons or fruits added to the water. I also like to add a dash of Crystal lite. It gives the water more flavor, but doesn’t add calories.

    Liked by 1 person

  4. Josie says:

    My husband is a big fan of Crystal Lite. No calories is always good!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s