Here’s some quick tips to make 2017 your happiest and healthiest ever!
1. Stock up on good, healthy food. Include fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins.
2. Move every day! Take your dog for a walk, use your treadmill, take the stairs, and do some walking in place during the TV commercials.
3. Sleep more. Studies have shown that sleep is good for the mind as well as the body.
4. Just say ‘No’ to activities and obligations that add stress to your life.
5. Read more! Nothing is as wonderful as enjoying a good book.
6. Volunteer. Find a cause dear to your heart. Your mental and physical health will thank you.
7. Bundle up, go outside and spend time with nature. Studies have shown that spending 30 minutes outside each day will boost your Vitamin D levels and lower your blood pressure.
8. See your healthcare provider for a good check-up and keep your dental health and cholesterol levels on track.
Please share your tips for a healthier and happier 2017 in the comments below.
Josie Riviera is a USA TODAY Bestselling Author of contemporary, inspirational, and historical sweet romances that read like Hallmark movies. She lives in the Charlotte, NC, area with her wonderfully supportive husband. They share their home with an adorable Shih Tzu who constantly needs grooming live in and an old house forever needing renovations.
“Like” her Author Facebook Page